Charged twice for verfication

AhmedSuror
Contributor
Contributor

I've added a credit card to my account and it was charged by 1 USD without any confirmation or details and when I clicked verify the card was charged 1.5 Euro again and I was told that it well be refunded after verification, so what about the first 1 USD??

So I've been recharged twice:

• First: 1 USD after adding the card.
  • Second: 1.5 Euro after clicking Verify on the added card.

So the total amount is 1 USD + 1.5 Euro...

Thanks in advance...

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

goodboykr
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The first charge is not actually a charge. It's only an authorization to verify that your credit card is an active account. This USD 1.00 will be refunded immediately right after adding the card. You won't even see it in your card statement.

The second is a charge from PayPal to verify that you own the card. The charge depends on the currency of your card. You will see this charge on your card statement and it contains the 4-digit unique PayPal code. Once you verify your PayPal with your code, the charge will be refunded back to your card. It might take 2-5 business days, depending on your bank.

Login to Me Too

AhmedSuror
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for reply, and I'm waiting my card statement...

Login to Me Too

bakruhassan
New Community Member
Hi sir, do you received back the amount ? I am currently experiencing the same problem as you were previously.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.