Charged a business fee, but not a business. How do I get this fixed. PayPal help is useless.

ksc17
Contributor
Contributor

I am not a business but PayPal charged me a fee. I can't get anywhere with their automated customer service. Any suggestions on how to get this fixed? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ksc17 

In that case............

Its down to how the payment was SENT to your account.

1. If they sent using money > goods / services option then paypal would see you as a seller and may apply the new seller hold. They would also charge you a fee.

2. If they had sent using the send money > family / friends option then you would have had the payment instantly with no fee. (However that option is not available in every country).

There are however some occasions where friends / family payments are held for reviews but these are normally only 24 hours.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ksc17 

If you are a seller then of course you pay a fee, you can sell on a personal OR a business account.

The only time you do not pay a fee is if you are receiving a friends/family payment BUT that is not allowed to be used for selling items.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ksc17
Contributor
Contributor
I am not a seller either. It is not a business transaction. It is a money transfer between two people.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ksc17 

In that case............

Its down to how the payment was SENT to your account.

1. If they sent using money > goods / services option then paypal would see you as a seller and may apply the new seller hold. They would also charge you a fee.

2. If they had sent using the send money > family / friends option then you would have had the payment instantly with no fee. (However that option is not available in every country).

There are however some occasions where friends / family payments are held for reviews but these are normally only 24 hours.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.