Charge pending from (suspected) fraudulent seller.

Rivergirl52
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased an item from an online store several days ago.  I got one automatic response from the seller, immediately, confirming my purchase.  That was 3 days ago and I've received no other communication from them about shipping.  I've sent them emails through their website 3 times asking them to cancel the sale but they won't respond.  All this time, the charge on my Paypal account has shown it as pending and Paypal won't let me cancel or open a resolution case about it.  The charge will be made to my credit card which is in very good standing so that's not the problem.  I'm very concerned about this but can't get any help from Paypal at all.  

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rivergirl52

When you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is often pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process that order and capture the pending payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment.

If it completes and the item does not arrive then you can open a dispute.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rivergirl52

When you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is often pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process that order and capture the pending payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment.

If it completes and the item does not arrive then you can open a dispute.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.