downgradde from business account to personal ?

beaniemama
New Community Member

is there any way i can do this ? i cant seem to find an option 

Login to Me Too
591 REPLIES 591

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zenko247 

Please contact customer service to downgrade to personal account:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other available options.

Or contacting via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

CorneliaJ
Contributor
Contributor

How do I change my account from a business Account to a personal one? I have no idea why it is registered as a business.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CorneliaJ 

Read the post above yours for the answer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ivalaine2004
New Community Member

this is all well and good, but given paypal are now enforcing proof of business and many of us chose business way back when it was the only way to really sell stuff using paypal and may not be an actual business or doing anything business related any more, this needed to be a streamlined option to downgrade.

i tried contacting paypal. it keeps looping to the message page. which they never responded to and then closed the conversation. super useful when i have an account i now cant use!

i got an email saying i needed to log in and do some things to keep my account (no link so assumed legit) so i did and there was no request for anything where the email said to lool so assumed it was spam. now im locked and no apparent way to fix the issue. would really rather not have to delet and start another account.

Login to Me Too

Arunkumargopala
Contributor
Contributor
I am new to pay pal o don't any thing but unfortunately I created business account and my friend paid for this account 200 pounds can I convert to business account to individual account
Login to Me Too

Dhen21
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Arunkumargopala,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Yes it is possible for your account to be converted from business account to individual account.

To downgrade your PayPal India Business account to an Individual account you will need to contact us. (Click Contact Us)
For your account safety, you must log in to your account to make this request. Please be sure to include all the details of the account type change when contacting us. We’ll contact you once the account type is changed.

Hope this helps. Keep safe!

Login to Me Too

hunglv
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,
My type account is Business, i want changing account type to Personal.
I tried to contact Paypal but did not receive a response, Please help me !
Thanks !.

Login to Me Too

Temp20230515G
Contributor
Contributor

HI @hunglv 

You need to get in touch with a customer service to complete your request or shoot them an email 

https://www.paypal.com/vn/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-change-my-account-from-a-business-account-to-a-...

Hope it helps!

Login to Me Too

hunglv
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Temp20230515G 
Thank you for reply.
I have emailed them since March 24 but did not receive a response.
Is there any other way to be faster?

Login to Me Too

Temp20230515G
Contributor
Contributor

@hunglv 

Due to the pandemic we are all experiencing, there is only a limited number of people taking in calls or answering to queries. 

I checked on the help center, that's the only article available.

Cheers!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.