Changes to PayPal fees?

kev269
New Community Member

Hi,

I sell goods on eBay and receive payments from several customers every day.  I noticed since the 19th August that the PayPal fees I am being charged for each transaction have changed, but the strange thing is that even though I received the same payment amount, I have been charged different fees.

For example, I received a payment of £1.99 yesterday and was charged a £0.26 PayPal fee, but today I received the same payment of £1.99 and was charged £0.36 instead! Please can some tell me why this is the case?  Both payments were received from UK eBay buyers.

Many thanks for your help,

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kev269 

The new standard UK domestic rate is 2.9% + 30p. Check your email for the policy update from PayPal. Sometimes a buyer's PayPal account was opened outside of the UK but they are buying and shipping within the UK so cross-border accounts get charged a different rate. If you had a business PayPal account, you would be able to see if the person's account is actually a UK account or marked as Non-UK PayPal account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.