Cbd oil

Mtiede50
Contributor
Contributor

Can I process cbd oil transactions

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

forddigman

I purchased cbd oil from pipingrock.com last month.  Today Paypal would not cover my purchase and gave me a poor excuse. 

Login to Me Too

userafw
New Community Member

I live in Washington state, where cannabis is regulated by the State Liquor (and Cannabis) Board, and fully legal as far as state and local regulations go, for anyone over the age of 21. Federal regulations however, are a grey area. Unfortunately, some misinformed souls don't realize that CBD oil is MADE FROM HEMP not marijuana, and has no psychoactive ingredients in it. (Hemp is a good material for making fabric and rope, but is completely useless for smoking or eating - though it might contain some dietary fiber.) I actually asked at the local Bartell Drug and they said they don't have the license to carry it with the state board, and referred me to a dispensary.  I suspect Paypal may also have a problem processing any alcohol or tobacco products for similar reasons that they cannot process cannabis products in states where they are legal to sell.  They may also have an issue because they potentially deal in interstate commerce, which is more likely to be subject to federal regulations. The federal government has not legalized hemp products yet, nor has it legalized cannabis products, and often does not distinguish between the two, unfortunately.  Finally, I get the impression that Paypal is deathly afraid of controversy, since alcohol and tobacco are not the only adult products that Paypal refuses to process. 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mtiede50

Nope

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.