Cash account

pontiffpontiff
Contributor
Contributor

I need a Paypal balance but cannot figure out how I'm supposed to get a Cash account without setting up another Paypal and using it to send myself money so I can be presented with the 'Keep it on Paypal' option. I have linked my bank, but paying from my bank account or debit card does does not achieve what I am trying to accomplish, I need an actual Paypal balance which is independent from my bank account/card. How do I do this? I have spent hours trying to figure this out.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

pontiffpontiff
Contributor
Contributor

That doesn't tell me how I'm supposed to activate my balance. I'm supposed to make another Paypal account so I can send myself a payment so I can choose 'Keep in Paypal'...? That's the only guidance the page you linked me to offers. Pretty sure I already explained this in the original post. Nowhere on any Paypal help page does it tell you how to actually activate a Cash account other than choosing 'Keep in Paypal' after someone sends you a payment. That's the only way to have a balance now?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pontiffpontiff 

Yes it does if you take the time to read ALL of the link.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

pontiffpontiff
Contributor
Contributor

So I'm supposed to make a new Paypal account so I can send money to my original Paypal account so I am presented with the option 'Keep in Paypal'? I've read the entire thing like 10 times, the only mention of actually getting a Paypal balance is to choose the option 'Keep in Paypal' when someone sends you money.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pontiffpontiff 

The whole point of having a paypal cash account is to be able TO RECEIVE FUNDS IN YOUR PAYPAL BALANCE etc.

All you have to do is click accept when someone sends you money OR you click to add funds to your paypal balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

pontiffpontiff
Contributor
Contributor

I used to use Paypal for a particular reason which requires having a balance on Paypal, using Paypal as a middle-man between a merchant and my bank is not why I use Paypal. I'm not trying to receive money, I would literally have to either send it to myself from another account or ask someone to send me a payment specifically so I can activate a Paypal balance.

On my account, there is no option to add funds, it only lets me choose my 'preferred' method of payment.

Login to Me Too

lmd0000
New Community Member

@pontiffpontiff I downloaded the PayPal app to my phone, selected Google Pay - it prompted me to set up a PayPal Cash account. I deleted the Google Pay afterwards as I don't want that. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.