Car Purchase

Gary1021

How do I send money to an individual for a large purchase such as a car and what are the fees? Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gary1021

There is no paypal buyer protection for a motor vehicle on paypal so be very careful.

Personally i would take cash on collection WHEN you have viewed the car and are happy with it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Gary1021
I'll be traveling by air so cash isn't a viable payment method. What I should have asked is how do I link my checking to my PayPal account to make the payment to an individual? Thank you for your input.
Login to Me Too

Gary1021
If funds are sent to an individual during a weekend will the transfer show in their account instantly or nearly so?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gary1021

Depends if they are new sellers and subject to the new seller hold.

Or depends if paypal put a security review on it as its a large sum of money.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Gary1021
Thanks again for your help.
Login to Me Too

Gary1021
What are typical fees on 50,000 or 75,000? Thanks
Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

fee is published on Paypal site.

You may have to call Paypal in advance to seek permission to send such a large sum of money.

you can carry a bank cashier check,if you are travelling within USA,and your bank has branches in the city where you are going,you two can meet in branch parking lot and afterwards go inside the bank to transact the deal.  

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

seller pays fee,so it would be 30 cents plus 2.9%

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.