Cancel a payment already is completed

JohnKOK
Contributor
Contributor

Hi community! I just sent some money to a contact via his email but he does not have a PayPal account. How can he take the money and from where? The payment status says COMPLETED. If he can't, can I cancel a completed payment?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JohnKOK wrote:

Hi community! I just sent some money to a contact via his email but he does not have a PayPal account. How can he take the money and from where? The payment status says COMPLETED. If he can't, can I cancel a completed payment?

If payment status says completed, it appears the email address is now connected to a PayPal account and the payment is claimed.

Normally, payment status should say "Pending" or "Unclaimed" if the email address is unregistered. I think the recipient registered and accepted the payment. If they didn't have PayPal account at the time, PayPal would have emailed them at the email address you sent money to and say they received a payment with instructions to sign up to claim the payment.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

JohnKOK
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for the quick reply! He received an email from PayPal about the payment. I have contacted my friend and I told him to just make an account on PayPal. After he makes an account on PayPal will he be able to receive the money?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.