Can you get a refund if you send money as goods and services if there was no request?

kazmo
Contributor
Contributor

The guy said send him money as goods and service. I asked him to send me a request so I'm protected and he said No, I don't feel like it. It sounded sketchy to me. I want to make sure that I'm protected if I send him money, and he doesn't follow through with his services. Does it matter if he sends a request vs me just sending him money, for buyer protection? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kazmo

You would have buyer protection if you send via goods / services BUT make sure you described the item that you are paying for in detail.

Because in the event of item received but not as described dispute the only way paypal could decide is by any description you put on the payment details or the seller provides if they sent an invoice etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kazmo

You would have buyer protection if you send via goods / services BUT make sure you described the item that you are paying for in detail.

Because in the event of item received but not as described dispute the only way paypal could decide is by any description you put on the payment details or the seller provides if they sent an invoice etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.