Can't see hold anywhere in account

lolosp208
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I received an email stating that i had funds on hold and telling me the steps to get those funds released. However, I can't view the transaction of withheld funds anywhere in my account statement. When I call it says I have no recent transactions. Any tips on where to view holds?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lolosp208 

Are you sure the email was from paypal and not a scammer, can you give us a gist of what they are telling you?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lolosp208
Contributor
Contributor

I'm pretty sure its a scam. But don't want to be wrong, it's my first time trying to sell via ebay/paypal.

<removed>

There was address and personal info included as well. That I left out just in case. Then the screen shot below. 

lolosp208_0-1585164239372.png

Login to Me Too

lolosp208
Contributor
Contributor

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lolosp208 

Are they telling you to click a link to verify within that email OR are they telling you that you must send the item first and send them a tracking number before the funds are released?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lolosp208
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass The are telling me that I must send the item first and send them a tracking number before the funds are released. But the email doesn't seem to be from an official paypal site (email address is gmail). I'm increasingly confident that this is in fact a scam and have fowrded all communication to spoof@paypal.com

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.