Can't reply to PayPal text, will money be released.

thesapper91
New Community Member

Do Paypal release money to a company I just placed an order with if I do not reply to the text Paypal have sent me to confirm the amount?

Can't reply to the text through my network and shows payment as complete on my account.  

Does this mean that the payment is complete from coming out of my account, but not released to the company until I approve it through the text?

Why can't Paypal just send an email instead asking to confirm!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @thesapper91,

I'm sorry to hear of the frustration you're experiencing. A text may be sent if there is any possibility that the purchase may have been unauthorized. It is sent after the payment is made, so it is not necessary to reply in order to ensure that the transaction goes through. The text message serves as an alert in case the transaction was not authorized, and a means of letting PayPal know quickly if that is the case.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.