Can't make a payment- yes I have read previous answers

Wisgirl
New Community Member

HI,

I have had PayPal for some time and have never had a problem. Today I am trying to purchase something and everything looks fine, my account is linked to my checking, so I know the money is there but the payment won't go through.

Yes, I have cleared the cache & the cookies, my account is verified. I even tried to make the payment on my phone, nothing works.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Wisgirl

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Wisgirl

Is it an international transaction?

If so what currency?

Do you have a back up card linked to your paypal account?

Have you had a recent dispute / failed bank transfer OR negative balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Wisgirl
New Community Member

No, not international

Have tried using the card, it doesn't work either

Yes, I did have a negative balance. I blocked google play because they were taking money that was unauthorized and paypal was letting them, so I owed $4 which I paid today. Do you think that is why? If so, how long is that going to mess up this account?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Wisgirl

If you cleared the neg balance today then you may have to wait for the system to play catch-up especially as its a weekend.

Also as you have had a neg balance you may find they won't let you fund any future payments from that bank account and you may have to use a card.

This is because with a bank account they credit the seller in advance and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer but they only take that risk if you have a back up card linked and have not had a failed payment.

I would try again in a couple of days using a card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.