Can't log in / constant One Time codes sent

nonPayAmigo
Contributor
Contributor

My PayPal has become a huge mess. I reset my password successfully. However, everytime I attempt to log in, a one time code is sent to me. Sometimes that works. But more often, it fails, and then I get the error that says I've tried to login too many times. Account is then useless for hours.

Thank you for your help. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @nonPayAmigo, i hope you're doing well.

That usually happens if security system is triggered. If they can't confirm your identity, if you are using a new device to access PayPal, if they can't detect your location(make sure VPN is inactive), or your account is currently logged in to a different device.  I would suggest to keep your Location settings active on your Phone. Clear ykur cache and cookies and deactivate VPN if you use PayPal so that security system can easily confirm you without going through multiple process. Please also check you 2 key step up validation because it might be active in your PayPal account. Here's how to check 2F step verification. Hope this helps! 

Login to Me Too

KilowattHour
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. It WAS the two step verification. Disabled that. All's fine. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.