Can’t forward spam email to spoof@paypal.com

tb68
New Community Member

When I try to forward my spam email to spoof@paypal.com I keep getting an alert saying sending the message content to server failed.

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

hammie13

I got this.....

Message blocked
Your message to spoof@paypal.com has been blocked. See technical details below for more information.
LEARN MORE

When I click on Learn more it is not relevant at all - just something from gmail about fixing bounced messages. Ridiculous!

Login to Me Too

greyhorse
Contributor
Contributor

I was having the same problem forwarded a suspicious msg w/ my gmail account--"message blocked". Finally figured it out. Gmail doesn't like the suspicious links w/in the email body. So choose Forward to spoof@paypal.com, delete the links within the message, and forward that. It worked for me!

Login to Me Too

ThisIsNotOkay

I've tried your suggestions and Gmail or Outlook blocks the message.

Please help, I'm concerned I may be the victim of fraud.

"There must be a more reliable way to flag up a concern"

Tried spoof@paypal.com and Review"at"paypal.com, why don't you try and stop repeating solutions that don't work?

Login to Me Too

Jawbreaker
Contributor
Contributor

Me too. I have tried to forward a scammer email sent. I tried 3 times to send it to your spoof@paypal.com and it keeps sending back saying the email failed. 

@tb68 wrote:

When I try to forward my spam email to spoof@paypal.com I keep getting an alert saying sending the message content to server failed.

Login to Me Too

NathanEDavid
Contributor
Contributor
Try forwarding it to yourself and list the Spoof report address as a second recipient. That worked for me. I think the hackers have hacked the functionality of some email servers, but on mine, having the spoof address as a second recipient made it go thru; I think.
Login to Me Too
Solved

jem72
Contributor
Contributor

This worked for me:  Delete the phishing email and then going to your delete folder and forward from there.

Login to Me Too

Horsegoggles
Contributor
Contributor

Attempting to forward to spoof@paypal.com from my trash folder does not work. Since I have Cox webmail I thought I would see if I could forward it from there. The email was not on Cox's server. Called Cox, they were baffled.

Login to Me Too

rhinogulius
Contributor
Contributor

I received a fraudulent/phishing email claiming that there is a problem with my paypal account and I cannot use it anymore. I did not click anything. I did try to forward it to spoof@paypal.com and I get an error message every time. I even tried some of the tricks others used and nothing is working. The error says that the message is rejected. The code is CXSNDR which means "There was a problem with the sender's domain. Your email failed authentication checks against your sending domain's SPF, DomainKeys, or DKIM policy."

You will not allow us to send as an attachment either so what other option do I have to report this fraudulent email?

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

aj_chicago
Contributor
Contributor

Does not work for me. I get "mailbox unavailable" when trying to forward deleted note to spoof@paypal.com.  Very frustrating when it is THEE documented way to report phishing.

Login to Me Too

Sjcjoy
I have the same problem. I received an email stating that I purchased from an poodle for $2,250.00 and that I put a deposit for $1,000. All not true! I tried forwarding the email directly from my inbox to spoof@paypal.com. It didn’t work. Then I deleted the email and tried forwarding it from my Trash folder to spoof@paypal.com but that didn’t work either. I get an error message stating that the connection to the outgoing server failed, etc...
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.