Can someone please direct me to PayPals rules or explain them regarding morality

DarkBungle
New Community Member

Hi,

I have looked as best as I can but I can not find anything on PayPals site regarding their the type of person allowed to transfer money through PayPal.
I realise im not being clear so let me give example to clarify.
1) I know personally of people having their accounts frozen and their money LOCKED AWAY. These are not actions taken on behalf of Police or because PayPal thought a crime was committed etc. It was because PayPal made a moral judgement about them as humans and was solely intended to hinder their work or life.

2) Patreon management CLAIMING off the record that they were getting pressure from PayPal to kick certain people off the site or lose access to their services based on whether they "deserve" to earn money. Although that may be a defence against illegal

3) PayPal revoked access to its services from another brand of "creator supporter services website" without warning to remove people from their website but it was where many kicked off Patreon went.

I am not here to complain about PayPal's actions as they can do what they want being a private not public service (although LGBT customers may decide to sue and may have a case, but that's outside of either my knowledge or this topic). What I really need is the criteria they are using to judge if someone qualifies for deprivation of financial exchange, that is the concerning issue for me as I don't use Patreon etc. BUT also what makes a creator qualified for donations in PayPals eyes (seems very different to societies rules) as this all seems related by a "moral" judgement.
PLEASE, ANYONE, DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS SUBJECT. SPECULATION OR JUST OPINION.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.