Can someone help me with this transaction

jamie_b2k
New Community Member

i have been in a deal for the past two days with a person named Julian <removed> who had responded to my gum tree ad and she had suggested we use paypal to make the transaction happen as the item she was after was for her daughter in Alaska although i was suspicious when she sent me the name and address and her daughters name was Daniel <removed>. Although following this i spent my own personal money to send over the item, i sent her the receipt and tracking number and she had said that $200 had gone through as $50 was for postage and $150 being the cost of the item. I was then emailed via pay pal ensuring me that the payment is underway and it would be processed in 48 hours. I am now informed that apparently there was a technical issue and $400 was sent over instead and now the transaction is on hold until i send Julian <removed> $200 to receive my intended $200 however i have not yet received any of the money she has sent, and i currently have no money so i unable to make this transaction occur is there a way this can be sorted through pay pal ensuring that i get my money as i am very worried and have already sent the product.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jamie_b2k 

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk or spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Once you have become a victim they may try again with more fake Paypal emails with other 'reasons' that you must send them a payment for custom fees etc.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service eg Moneygram or Western Union etc.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.