Can Someone Scam My Pay-Pal account if they have my Name, address and phone number?

MR250
New Community Member

Looking to by a tractor from Someone in Kansas and they are wanting to proceed through pay pal to protect us both. They are asking for my full name address and phone number and say someone from pay pal will contact me with further instructions! This sounds like a big scam! Their e-mail address is a <removed>  account, is their any way to see if this checks out????? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MR250 

I have to chuckle in a way because PayPal actually do not cover transactions that involve vehicles so, I don’t know what that guy was telling you cause’, either they read the policy and know this and try to scam or they just really didn’t know what they’re talking about. Sell/buy that at your own risk. To minimize the risk, examine the tractor/test drive it, have it checked by a neutral mechanic, check the title and registration, if any with tractors before dropping any funds because once you do, that is it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rich

Hi MR250. 

Thanks for reaching out to the PayPal Community forums with your questions about this transaction. I appreciate that you are wanting to err on the side of caution and I'm glad that you are! 

As per PayPal's buyer and seller protection policy, PayPal does not offer buyer or seller protection for the sale of vehicles or for in-person transactions. To send a person a payment, you would only need to have their email address. This other individual would not need anything more than your email to send you an invoice. 

I would recommend checking out this tractor as recommended by sharpiemarker and ensure that all the paperwork is in order if you decide to continue with this transaction. 

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.