Can PayPal take less fees from a certain someone I trade regularly with?

MoSh96
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I read somewhere that I can ask PayPal to deduce less fees in my trades with a certain contact if I regularly trade with them, we both don't have the family and friends options that has no fees because it's not available in our countries, is there anything like this? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MoSh96 

Click the “bell” icon, then click “view messages” link to start a new message. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MoSh96 

PayPal has the standard rate and a merchant rate and may evaluate applications on a case-by-case basis, including, without limitation on the following criteria: qualifying monthly sales volume, size of average shopping cart and an account in good standing. If you are not eligible for merchant rate, you pay the standard rate.

And it is best not to use friends and family option if the payments are not of truly personal nature anyway if they were available to you. You would be committing fee avoidance which is restricted activity. And it is not fair for those who correctly pay for services to subsidize your transactions.

To see the standard rates and the merchant rates by monthly volume, please visit this page and click “Commercial Transaction Rates”.

Login to Me Too

MoSh96
Contributor
Contributor

ah I see, how can I contact PayPal directly to see if they can give me a reduced fee? I only see the option to post in the forums when I use the contact us option

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MoSh96 

Click the “bell” icon, then click “view messages” link to start a new message. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.