Can I use personal account for business?

svetlapas
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone,

I've been having personal PayPal account for a long time. Now I decided to start my small business and set up single member LLC. I need PayPal account to pay my suppliers (I'm not going to accept any payments, just transfer money for the inventory). Can I continue to use my  personal account (just add my business email and credit card information) or should I upgrade to business account?  If I stay with the personal account, but pay with the business card, will it be ok for the tax purposes (filing deductions)? All transactions will be in my personal name, not business name, right?

Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @svetlapas,

Thank you for your post and for joining the community! If you have a business and the financial credentials are in the business name, the account should be upgraded to a Business account in order to add them. If you would like to associate the transactions with your business' TIN, that would also be a good reason to have a Business account.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.