Can I use PayPal for CBD site ?

Jeffmcsheff22
New Community Member

Hi I am starting a CBD site but have been told by others that I can't use PayPal.for.any site that sells legal CBD Oil ? All the oils I sell are legal in the UK and can be bought in the high street I see sites like Holland and Barrett using PayPal for CBD transactions too ? Please help as the info is not clear

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Just because it is legal doesn’t mean PayPal wants to provide services for such businesses. It’s their right to allow it or not. Find another payment processor who will.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ADWalker
New Community Member

All very well PayPal refusing to process payments for (smaller) businesses who sell CBD products but they DO ALLOW people to use PayPal to purchase CBD products from the likes of Holland and Barrett AND Boots (Part of Walgreens Boots Alliance).

Login to Me Too

jerseyboy12
New Community Member

I still have no answer from PayPal. I called and spoke to someone

they said PayPal process cbd sales../ Others say PayPal  could hold

your funds.. Who is correct..

Login to Me Too

gillypoof
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal does not accept money from cbd oil sales.They freeze your account for 180 days.This is what happened to me.No warning boom.Nearly lost my business .went with viva wallet.Paypal only accepts money from Holland and Barret for cbd in uk as far as I know.Which is all part of the plan ,as the oil from this company once purchased will put anyone from trying the real oil from anywhere else.

Login to Me Too

evanmarko
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal only provides paypal to huge companies and chinese sellers, sad but true, go to viva wallet.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.