Can I recieve money from sales?

lwillads
New Community Member

I am hoping to start selling my services (writing) online to earn a bit of extra money on the side of my regular job.

Am I allowed to recieve a (small but) regular income through PayPal if I don't have a business account? Just hoping to do a bit of freelance.

Thanks in advance guys.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lwillads

Yes, you only need a business account if you are a registered business or high volume seller.

Just make sure you read up on seller protection especially as yours may be a virtual / digital service?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lwillads
New Community Member

@kernowlass

Thanks for your help! It will indeed be a digital service. What would I be specifically looking up? Just hoping that people will pay in to the account after job has been fulfilled.

Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lwillads

Read up on seller protection because as you are not selling physical, tangible items you will be at more risk of unauthorised disputes / chargebacks.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lwillads
New Community Member

@kernowlass

I see what you mean. I have had a look and it seems there is nothing I can do other that hope that everyone I deal with is trustworthy and will not illegitimately claim I did not do the work when I did.

Thank you for your help 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.