Can I carry a zero balance in my PayPal account?

bstaabjr1
Contributor
Contributor

Can I carry a zero balance in my PayPal account?  Are there any time restrictions or any other variables that can cause an issue with carrying a zero balance?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bstaabjr1 

Nope, you can certainly carry a zero balance. You can withdraw all the funds if you receive payment and pay with your linked funding sources without carrying a PayPal balance.

If you have a PayPal business debit MasterCard though, you'll need to keep a PayPal balance though to fund purchases on that card. You can set a back up payment method to it but if you keep leaning on the back up, purchases may have a tendency to decline.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bstaabjr1 

Nope, you can certainly carry a zero balance. You can withdraw all the funds if you receive payment and pay with your linked funding sources without carrying a PayPal balance.

If you have a PayPal business debit MasterCard though, you'll need to keep a PayPal balance though to fund purchases on that card. You can set a back up payment method to it but if you keep leaning on the back up, purchases may have a tendency to decline.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

bstaabjr1
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your help.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.