Calls

davidcopland
Contributor
Contributor

Although Paypal is provided with a landline number to call for verification and I ask for it to be called, the call is never made from Paypal. Why?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@davidcopland 

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky. (use the guest option if you can't log in).
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

davidcopland
Contributor
Contributor

Complete waste of time!! I was told by a PP rep that they will not call a landline number even though this option is given!!

They will only call a mobile number. Like many of my generation (I am 88) I have no need or use for a mobile phone and there must be many others in this

position which amounts to age discrimination. I have been with PayPal for many years and spent a considerable sum over that period which is no longer

possible because, now, when I try to purchase an item, I need to confirm my account which I am unable to do!

There is no option to receive an e-mail with a validation code which would solve my problem but unless that happens

I will no longer to be able to use PayPal which does not appear to worry them!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.