Call Center in the Philippines?

Veronie
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, Paypal Community:

Does anyone have a different phone number for Paypal Customer Service?  Every time I call I cannot understand the customer service agents.  I know they are located in the Philippines and I don't have a problem with that but their accents are so heavy that I have to ask them to repeat what they are saying numerous times.  The agent invariably gets frustrated and exhales into the phone as to demonstrate they are annoyed.  This lead to my being unable to answer verification questions accurately in order to link a bank account.

Before anyone takes offense, I wasn't born and raised in the U.S. so I do not have a problem with accents. I am most decidedly not ethnocentric - I would just like assistance from someone who is fluent (as I am) in English.

Can anyone provide any information please?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

istilldontknow
Contributor
Contributor
Over the last 17 hours of calls I made I have created 8 voodoo dolls.
Login to Me Too

Stealth1cmdr
Contributor
Contributor

My problem with the customer service centers outside the United States is the people working those call centers don't understand US laws.  I have a case pending because I purchased a counterfeit item.  Customer service wants me to (at my expense literally) send it back to the seller.  Unfortunately it is illegal to knowingly send counterfeit items via the US postal service.  PayPal (San Jose) knows this, Ebay knows this.  Yet they don't teach this to the customer service reps.  So you end up getting the boilerplate responses.  Even if you are step by step with them.  They just continue to repeat the same thing over and over.  Like a parrot.  Very frustrating.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.