CAN'T UPDATE CREDIT CARD

DFFF
New Community Member

I tried to make a purchase tonight and experienced the most intense on-line data mining and herding ever.  My cc# on file was retired due to fraud, but when I tried to make the update to complete the purhcase, Paypal tried to make me do at least 4 unwanted actions.  I was forced to "link" a cc# thinking that would complete the purchase - but thankfully, it didn't take.

The purchase completely cratered as Paypal tried to force me to sign up for either a Credit card or a Debit card.  That was SO weird. I was really tired and almost did it because the screen was completely blank except for those 2 options.  VERY underhanded.  Then I tried to go to my account profile to update the card# and there was no way to do it there.  I did find a screen demanding that I "link" either a bank account or credit card - but I don't believe in doing that. I subscribe to Security Today. Businesses are hacked all the time. The last thing I need is my bank account wiped out.

I have one purchase that is causing some issues.  When that is resolved, I am closing this account and walking away forever. What an EVIL company.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.