Buying a product with email different to seller

ryanmc8
New Community Member

Hi so I'm buying a product from a seller who I believe is legit, however he has gave me his friends paypal email to send payment through as his was closed for opening it under the age of 18. Am I still covered by buyer protection for the product i want to buy?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rich

Hello @ryanmc8,

Thanks for posting in the PayPal Community forums for help with this issue. I would not recommend conducting business with someone who can not have a PayPal account of their own. However, if you do wish to complete a purchase, please ensure that you send a "goods and services" payment and not a "personal" payment. This should ensure that you are covered by our Buyer Protection policy. Here is more information about what protections PayPal offers buyers: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/PayPal-Basics/How-to-tell-if-your-purchase-is-under-buyer-s-prot....

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.