Buying a Concert Ticket

katienicol3
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, Someone is selling a concert ticket that I'm interested in purchasing but I'm worried it could be a scam and the ticket I'm after will cost a lot. I'm wondering that if I pay through PayPal would I be perfected if it turned out to be a scam? Many thanks,

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@katienicol3 

Event tickets are covered but the thing of it is, we in the forums don't know the circumstances of the transaction or how it will turn out or what the seller will do so as of yet. PayPal purchase protection is not 100% guarantee, a warranty, or insurance and has it's limitations and cannot protect you from bad judgement where you invalidate your own rights. I would also recommend paying with a credit card.

Seriously, really read all of it, understand it and decide for yourself: https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#r013

13.11 Event tickets

In certain cases, if you purchase a ticket or pay for the right to attend an event from a Payment Recipient who is a UK registered PayPal Account holder (“Event”), all monies paid by you may be held by PayPal on trust for you, so that the beneficial interest in such monies remains with you until the performance of the Event in question.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@katienicol3 

Event tickets are covered but the thing of it is, we in the forums don't know the circumstances of the transaction or how it will turn out or what the seller will do so as of yet. PayPal purchase protection is not 100% guarantee, a warranty, or insurance and has it's limitations and cannot protect you from bad judgement where you invalidate your own rights. I would also recommend paying with a credit card.

Seriously, really read all of it, understand it and decide for yourself: https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#r013

13.11 Event tickets

In certain cases, if you purchase a ticket or pay for the right to attend an event from a Payment Recipient who is a UK registered PayPal Account holder (“Event”), all monies paid by you may be held by PayPal on trust for you, so that the beneficial interest in such monies remains with you until the performance of the Event in question.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

katienicol3
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for you're reply
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.