Buyer scam

wcosby3

I received an order and received the email payment confirmation from the buyer, but when I sent the items, even though they delivered, the buyer never confirmed. How do I get my money?! I can't even see the transaction in my history on my account, its like it never happened. How do I get my money and prevent this from happening again?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@wcosby3

Does the transaction not show in your transaction list in your paypal account OR is it in there but just not in your balance.

Only you should NEVER send anything until its showing in your balance.

Check this...........

Go and find the transaction in your “my ebay” > click to the right where it says sell similar > don't fill in anything just scroll down to the payments section > look in the paypal box > is the email addy in there correct with no spelling mistakes? If so then you need to change it DURING the listing process next time you list an item for sale.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

wcosby3

its not there at all. as if it never happened. but i have the email confirmation

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@wcosby3

So have you done what I asked you to do?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

wcosby3

it wasnt through ebay. it was through an app called grailed. but not entirely because we stopped using the app once he sent me the email with the payment confirmation

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@wcosby3

Then check the email address the sender sent the payment to as it sounds as if there may have been a typo or it was incorrect in some way.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.