Buyer protection

Ronanfr13
Contributor
Contributor
Hi guys, I purchased a top from someone on Depop through PayPal good and services. The top come and it was so so small it couldn’t even fit and the guy didn’t even mention this. Also there was a bit of cracking on the tee shirt. PayPal have sided with him for some reason, anyone know why?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ronanfr13 

Items have to be significantly not as described for buyer protection, if paypal did not think it was significantly not as described then you would lose any dispute.

You still have the option of a chargeback if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card OR small claims court action if the seller is in the UK as well and you think its worthwhile going down that route.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ronanfr13 

Items have to be significantly not as described for buyer protection, if paypal did not think it was significantly not as described then you would lose any dispute.

You still have the option of a chargeback if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card OR small claims court action if the seller is in the UK as well and you think its worthwhile going down that route.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Ronanfr13
Contributor
Contributor
Hi thanks for the reply! Would this be possible with debit card?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ronanfr13 

Depends on your bank, some may do it as a goodwill gesture, never tried myself.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.