cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer protection

SOLVED
Contributor

Buyer protection

Hi guys, I purchased a top from someone on Depop through PayPal good and services. The top come and it was so so small it couldn’t even fit and the guy didn’t even mention this. Also there was a bit of cracking on the tee shirt. PayPal have sided with him for some reason, anyone know why?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Buyer protection

@Ronanfr13 

Items have to be significantly not as described for buyer protection, if paypal did not think it was significantly not as described then you would lose any dispute.

You still have the option of a chargeback if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card OR small claims court action if the seller is in the UK as well and you think its worthwhile going down that route.

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

@Ronanfr13 

Items have to be significantly not as described for buyer protection, if paypal did not think it was significantly not as described then you would lose any dispute.

You still have the option of a chargeback if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card OR small claims court action if the seller is in the UK as well and you think its worthwhile going down that route.

Contributor

Hi thanks for the reply! Would this be possible with debit card?
Esteemed Advisor

@Ronanfr13 

Depends on your bank, some may do it as a goodwill gesture, never tried myself.