Buyer did not receive item, Resolution Center not letting me do anything?

jimineastvan
Contributor
Contributor

I sold something to someone in Brazil, received payment, and shipped the item.  He has not received it and its been around 6 weeks (delivery estimate was 3-4  weeks.   I want to make a claim, and the transaction details page of my PayPal account says the deal is eligible for seller protection, but when I go into the Resolution Center it says I can't act on that transaction because I received the money.   The FAQ etc suggests this transaction should be eligible.  I don't get it.

Are they saying that the buyer has to enter a claim...?

Or are they saying it's not eligible?

Thanks!

Jim

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jimineastvan

Seller protection is not an insurance for items lost in the post.

Any insurance should be taken out by yourself and then if the item goes missing you refund the buyer and then you claim from any insurance you took out with your postal service / courier.

Seller protection covers you for FALSE claims of non receipt of item where you have trackable proof of delivery OR chargebacks / unauthorised transactions.

Paypal is not going to pay out for every seller that gets an item lost in the post !!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jimineastvan

Seller protection is not an insurance for items lost in the post.

Any insurance should be taken out by yourself and then if the item goes missing you refund the buyer and then you claim from any insurance you took out with your postal service / courier.

Seller protection covers you for FALSE claims of non receipt of item where you have trackable proof of delivery OR chargebacks / unauthorised transactions.

Paypal is not going to pay out for every seller that gets an item lost in the post !!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.