Buyer Paid before Receiving item and wants refund before i ship?

BossRoss07
New Community Member

Hello,

I sold a guitar to a man who lives in Florida and i am in TN. He almost paid full price which was cool and paid that day. I talked to him on the phone and all seemed good. This was a Saturday and I told him i would package it up on monday and try to ship. He was supposed to provide the shipping label and keeps telling me that he sent it. After a few conversations and couple hours he decides he wants a refund now? I have already packaged everything and the money has transferred to my account. Is this some kind of scam ? Will i get ripped off if I refund or do I have to refund? I still have the item and told him i will ship it myself which he has agreed to now but I am nervous that I will be without a guitar and money now if i Send. What do i do? Thanks for any advice

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BossRoss07

Firstly if you allow a buyer to send a shipping label then you will have no Paypal seller protection, in the event of an item not received dispute the onus is on you to provide trackable proof of delivery to the buyers Paypal registered address (and not an alternate address).

Secondly you really should have gone and read up on Paypals seller protection before starting to sell so you could risk assess your own transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.