Business registered and owner living in different countries, what to do?

Rana_Majumder
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, i am living in Australia and i have an online business registered in Estonia. Now my online business is required to use PayPal to receive payments from customers as PayPal is widely used. But PayPal is location/country specific. So, could you guys please guide me how to proceed? Please consider the following situation: 1. My business is registered in Estonia 2. I am resided in Australia 3. I need to open a BUSINESS (NOT PERSONAL) PayPal Account for my Business which is registered in Estonia. Now, how should i proceed? Should i Proceed with PayPal Australia or PayPal Estonia?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi @Rana_Majumder,

Great question - you'll want to register your PayPal account in whatever country you currently reside. If you open it for another country, it's very likely that you'll run into issues, as logging in from a different location will cause problems with the account. Hopefully this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Rana_Majumder
Contributor
Contributor
Hi PayPal AshleyM, Thanks a lot for your reply. Would REALLY appreciate if you please help me out with this because before posting this issue to the community i asked about this to the PayPal Support but it seems the Support Team has some answer script on their hand with some specific questions and unfortunately they don't have any direct answer to it. The confusion arises because PayPal is Location Specific but the situation i am in has a direct conflict with it but i also know that this is not a VERY uncommon scenario. Let me try to explain it. So, every Business PayPal Account requires 2 set of information while opening the account. One would be the Business Details (Business Address, IBAN) and another would be Personal (Business Owner's Details). Now, i have been looking for answer for this specific scenario for last 1 year (trust me, i tried every single contact option to reach out to PayPal but didn’t work) and while researching on this i got thousands of same issues where People's Business PayPal account is getting banned or putting on hold or facing permanent limit because the business address (country) and the owner's personal address (country) is from different country. There are few scenarios where PayPal asked the account owners to open the BUSINESS Account where the Business is registered (in a different country than the owner's residing country) at the very first and once the account had certain volume of transaction then the account was put on hold (later limit permanently) and the owners were asked to re-open the BUSINESS Account from the owner's residing country. Later, once the Account had certain transaction, PayPal limit the account permanently and asked the owner's to AGAIN re-open the BUSINESS account from the country where the business got registered. And now those account owners are like, where else should we open the account from. If you think logically, since PayPal is location specific so if you are going to open a PERSONAL PAYPAL ACCOUNT then you should do it from your residing country and if you are going to open a BUSINESS PAYPAL ACCOUNT then you should do it from the Business's residing country which means where the business was registered. But the confusion and harassment arises WHEN those COUNTRIES are DIFFERENT. I would really really appreciate your help on this. Sorry for the long post.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.