Business or Personal account?

svetanderson
Contributor
Contributor
Hi so my friend wanted to open a PayPal account since he occasionally makes online sales but not too often and he doesn't send money to family so I'm trying to decide whether he should get a personal or business account. He doesn't have an actual business, he just sells stuff online like eBay and Instagram and would like the seller protections
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@svetanderson 

You can sell on a personal or a business account and you have the same seller protection with both as long as you do NOT accept payment from buyers via the friends / family option.

I sell on Ebay and have for years on a personal account.

You only need a business account if you are a registered business / high volume seller / or ebay or paypal requests that you upgrade / or you want the extra perks of customising invoices with a business account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@svetanderson 

You can sell on a personal or a business account and you have the same seller protection with both as long as you do NOT accept payment from buyers via the friends / family option.

I sell on Ebay and have for years on a personal account.

You only need a business account if you are a registered business / high volume seller / or ebay or paypal requests that you upgrade / or you want the extra perks of customising invoices with a business account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.