Business account partnership

Sakshisehrawat7
New Community Member

1. If I have a PayPal business account and I run a business with my friend how can we split the payment/profits 2. how would we do our taxes? 3. would one person getting the money in their account affect the taxation process?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Sakshisehrawat7,

Thanks for reaching out! Welcome to the PayPal Community. I'll answer your questions in the order you asked them:

1. " If I have a PayPal business account and I run a business with my friend how can we split the payment/profits "

- You have a few different ways of accomplishing this. I would just recommend having all payments go to one bank account registered in the business' name and then split the profits from there. 

2. "how would we do our taxes? "

- I would consult a local tax professional for this one. We're unable to provide specific tax advice. 

3. "would one person getting the money in their account affect the taxation process?"

- When you open your PayPal business account, you would open it in one of the owner's name. After that, you add the business' information including it's Tax ID. (Here's a link to IRS' site to register for a Tax ID, but first you need to decide how you would like to register your business.) That way, the business TIN / EIN is taxed, not your individual SSN. That's why you need to make sure you register with a business bank account as well.

Hope that get's you started in the right direction, best of luck in your venture!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.