Business account for US business but living in Europe - Cannot use home address outside the US

blank23
New Community Member

Hello,

Following situation:

I live in Germany and already have a personal PP account here. I own a business in the US though and tried to create a business PP account. The problem is that I cannot enter my German address as home address because there is no way to select the country - it only allows US addresses. I was able to enter the business address just fine as that is a US address.

The same applies to the credit card I'd like to link. It is a US credit card but the billing address is my German home address and again I cannot use that as the form does not allow me to.

Can you help me out here? How do I set up my business account properly? Do I need to use the German PayPal site? But does that site allow me to use a US address as business address?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

PayPal accounts are country specific. If you have a US business and want to open a US PayPal Business account, it must be with an active US mailing address AND financials (bank, credit card). You cannot add a foreign mailing address and foreign financials in a PayPal USA account as you have discovered. This applies to personal accounts as well. As well in Germany and every other countries, must add active local address and financials.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.