Business Account Sign Up - PostCode and Province Errors

LivH
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, 

I have a personal account, but need a Business Account now, as I'm receiving regular payments from overseas clients going forward. 
When signing up for a Business Account, it won't let me fill in a Postcode, so is highlighted in Red witha  Warning sign, and Province only comes up with the USA provinces I think.  So essentially it's not letting me sign up.
I'm currently based in South Africa for now, will be in Spain from January onwards.  So will need to change the address then again too.  

Does Paypal Business not work in South Africa?  Any help to get around this postcode and province issue?

Thanks,
LivH

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Intars

Hi LivH,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

PayPal accounts are tailored to the local legislation and regulations of the country where the account is opened. It's not possible to change the country on a PayPal account. You have to sign up for a PayPal account in the country in which you live or have a registered business because the functions of a PayPal account differ from country to country. If your business is registered in South Africa, you can sign up for a business account by going to https://www.paypal.com/za/home, clicking on ‘Sign Up’ in the upper right-hand corner, selecting a Business account and then following the prompts to create your account. 

I hope this helps,

Intars

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.