Bought buyer protection for weekly payments to a developer, am i eligible for help?

cptjackswagg3r
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, so a month ago I hired a developer to code me a large Minecraft plugin, he was recommended to me by a well-known developer. He estimated that the plugin would take 1-3 weeks with the information I provided to him. So far it's been 36 days and still not done. I have paid him every week and had bought buyer protection on each payment just as an insurance policy I guess. So my question is, am I eligible for buyer protection on all the payments I sent to him since he's taken up so much more time than the estimate he's given which has led to me sending a considerably larger amount of money then I intended on spending when I first hired him.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cptjackswagg3r

You don't buy Paypal buyer protection, its a given when you purchase goods or services.

If you haven't received a service you requested then you can open a dispute and the seller may then refund and if not then its up to Paypal to decide whether they will credit you the funds under their buyer protection policy.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.