Bogus email from PayPal

Melinda48
Contributor
Contributor

Both my husband and I received an email supposedly from PayPal today saying that we needed to log into our account and provide additional information in order to continue accessing our funds. Neither of us clicked on any of the links in the email. Just verifying that this was not from PayPal. How do we know whether or not it is a legitimate message from PayPal?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Melinda48 

You can forward the email to spoof@paypal.com and delete it from your email account. Then log on to your PayPal account directly to see if there are any notifications of needing to verify your identity or anything suspicious with your account. Check your device for viruses and malware/spyware.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Melinda48 

You can forward the email to spoof@paypal.com and delete it from your email account. Then log on to your PayPal account directly to see if there are any notifications of needing to verify your identity or anything suspicious with your account. Check your device for viruses and malware/spyware.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Melinda48
Contributor
Contributor

I did so. I never click on any link from suspicious origins😉 thanks for your speedy response!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.