Billing Agreement with Sony Interactive Entertainment

Mush_liver
New Community Member

I received an email from <removed> stating that my billing agreement with Sony Interactive Entertainment has been cancelled, but I never had a Billing Agreement with Sony Interactive Entertainment. Is this a scam? Has anyone else received this type of message. 

Hello ,

Sony Interactive Entertainment has cancelled a Billing Agreement with you.

Description:Sony PSN BA via Web

Manage your Billing Agreement by logging into your PayPal account and clicking the Billing Agreement link under your Profile. In your Profile, you can choose and edit your preferred funding source and cancel your Billing Agreement.

If you need to contact Sony Interactive Entertainment directly, please use the following avenues:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Business information

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Business:Sony Interactive Entertainment

Contact E-Mail:

Sincerely,

PayPal 

Copyright © 1999-2019 PayPal, Inc. All rights reserved. PayPal is located at 2211 N. First St., San Jose, CA 95131.

PayPal PPX000709:N/A:6129d6491a76b

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi Mush_liver,

Oh no! That definitely sounds concerning. First, I would advise immediately changing your password, as billing agreements being set up would mean someone else has access to your account information. Next, ensure there aren't any more active billing agreements you didn't authorize. Finally, report any transactions you see that you didn't initiate as unauthorized. I hope the issue is resolved soon!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Midnight_Rose
Contributor
Contributor
I just got the exact same email after making a purchase on the PlayStation store on my phone instead of directly through the PS4 .... I never knew I had a billing agreement in the first place but I have used my PayPal account on my PS4 directly a few times and never got that email
Login to Me Too

Swamz
Were you able to sort it out? I have that annoying email and I can’t make purchases on my PS4. It’s very frustrating since I have always been making purchases through PayPal on my PS4 without any issues.
Login to Me Too

edw9115
Contributor
Contributor

Sony has been idiotic about accepting any payment forms for funding accounts. I tried thru paypal and thru credit card. These are all forms of payment I use currently with other vendors. Apparently when I try to refill bucks in the account, I get an error message on their portal. If I use paypal as a source of payment, I get this same form letter with no contact info to get it resolved. I feel sorry for my son who cannot purchase anything but I keep blaming Sony for their asinine commerce procedure.

Login to Me Too

Cindypangie
New Community Member
Your Billing Agreement with Sony Interactive Entertainment has been cancelled I got this same email too! I just got off the phone with my bank asking them to pit a hold on my account until I figure out who the heck is this company and why have they take over 300.00 plus of my money from my account. Now I have to go in my bank and file a dispute to try qnd get my money back. Does anyone know how to permantely stop Sony LLC from taking anymore of my money?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.