Below 18 years old, banned from paypal

johnsaccount1

So a while back I made a paypal account and I was 17 years old. I was going to wait until I was 18 to put in some bank/credit card info, but I had to urgently at the time to pay someone via paypal. However, during this process Paypal completely banned my account from using paypal ever again. I cannot make payments or even delete a card off of my account.

Is there a way to fix this, or would I have to make a brand new account with a brand new bank account (would I even be able to??)? It seems ridiculous considering this is all occurring because I simply tried linking a bank account when I was 17 years old. I did no harm. 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@johnsaccount1

So you opened a legal, financial account underage and you 'did nothing wrong'??  Smiley Surprised

Sorry but if you break Paypal rules when you open an underage account what guarantee do Paypal have that you will abide by their rules in the future.......none I guess.

If you open another account then its highly likely they will limit that one as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

johnsaccount1

How would I contact paypal regarding this specific issue? I would like an account, even if it's restricted in some way. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@johnsaccount1

If you have been permanently limited and you are underage they won't be interested.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

johnsaccount1

@kernowlass

How would I contact paypal regarding this specific issue? I would like an account, even if it's restricted in some way. 

Login to Me Too

johnsaccount1

@kernowlass I am not under 18 years old any more. Who do I contact to address fixing my account?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.