Being Charged a Transaction Fee when receiving money from Friends and Family - Help

Delilah13
New Community Member

Hi

Can anyone advise what I should do?

I set this account up to collect payments from Friends and Family for an event we are all booked on to attend. When I've received all the monies I was going to send it on to the person organising the event and the venue where the event is going to be held.

I'm not sure why but I'm being charged to receive the money and my friends aren't being offered the option to pay via "friends and family" when I send a request for the amount they need to pay.  I'm going to be out of pocket with the transaction fees. How do I sort this out?

Thank you in advance for your help

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Delilah13 

If you are sending a 'money request' then you are NOT using the friends/family option.

You are sending a request for 'payment' and so you are charged a fee as a seller.

Your relatives and friends should be using the send money > friends/family or trusted person option to your email address OR you can send them a PERSONAL account paypal.me link.

A money request is not a friends/family payment its a goods/services payment.
An invoice is not a friends/family payment its a goods/services payment.
Send money > goods/services is not a friends/family payment its a goods/services payment.
A business account paypal.me is not a friends/family payment its a goods/services payment.

A send money > friends/family payment is a friends/family payment.
A paypal.me personal account is a friends/family payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.