BIN Invoice from untrusted low rating seller. To pay or not to pay.

oxydester
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I was looking for laptop on ebay. And one seller wrote me with offer to buy laptop from him directly thru Paypal Buy It Now (BIN) Invoice for $990.

Can anyone tell does paypal buyer protection protecting my payment  in case of non-delivery or empty box instead of the laptop? 

I am asking because the seller doesn't have feedback as a seller, he has it as s buyer only. And the price is very attractive. All these factors are very suspicious. PLEASE HELP))

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@oxydester 

Video won't be accepted by PayPal to avoid computer viruses/malware.

Asking seller to offer it on eBay will get you an extra layer of protection from eBay Money Back Guarantee. If you do not receive laptop after the estimated delivery date, you go to the order in your purchase history and click "More Actions" and select I did not receive it and follow the procedure. Pay with PayPal and pay with credit card through PayPal so you get 3 tries to get your money back, but dispute at one place at a time. Start with eBay when you do, then PayPal, then your credit card if you need to.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@oxydester 

You can decline the offer, and say thanks but no thanks. Just looking. I would rather buy from a reputable electronic store or a more reputable seller who specializes in computers. You get what you pay for sometimes. And too good to be true.

Did you make an order over at eBay already and the seller is just asking you to pay outside of eBay, which is a red flag in and of itself? There is buyer protection but if seller plays it right you can lose the dispute. Buyer protection has its limitations. The seller can give PayPal fake tracking number and shipped an empty envelope to win a Item Not Received case. You'll have to come up with evidence to prove the seller's tracking number is fake. And lets say you received laptop and it works for a while and then it klonks out, well, there is no warranty with PayPal. And so you need to come to some agreement with the seller or you just dispute via your credit card if that is how you will be paying for the laptop. If PayPal does rule in your favor, you have to ship back the laptop with tracking if the seller decides to pick up the item or not. If not you lose the dispute. So there are ways the seller can try to get around buyer protection.

Login to Me Too

oxydester
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for quick response. So the best way is tell to seller to list his offer on eBay? And take a video shot while receiving the parcel?

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@oxydester 

Video won't be accepted by PayPal to avoid computer viruses/malware.

Asking seller to offer it on eBay will get you an extra layer of protection from eBay Money Back Guarantee. If you do not receive laptop after the estimated delivery date, you go to the order in your purchase history and click "More Actions" and select I did not receive it and follow the procedure. Pay with PayPal and pay with credit card through PayPal so you get 3 tries to get your money back, but dispute at one place at a time. Start with eBay when you do, then PayPal, then your credit card if you need to.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.