BIASED PAYPAL TOWARDS THE BUYER

whitmo
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trading on Paypal for a while. I have found that Paypal is only interrested in the buyers problems. Reporting a problem by the seller is an impossible mission. All you get is Pre determined answers and run around. It is after all the SELLER that makes Paypal its money.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@whitmo

Well the seller would not be able to make money for Paypal without the buyer buying from them in the first place.

And a lot of buyers select sellers that offer Paypal as a payment choice.

Paypal provide 'some' seller and 'some' buyer protection, the rest is up to us to risk assess our transactions.

I think its about 50 / 50 with threads on here entitled either 'seller has all the protection' and 'buyer has all the protection' dependent on if they are a seller or a buyer   Smiley Frustrated

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

whitmo
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for your reply, while I do agree that the buyer generates the payment, we the sellers pay the "commission" to paypal. which they take from the cost of the item AND the cost of the shipping, 😞 :(. It is when the buyer lodges a complaint that Paypal just refunds them. After that they receive their goods and Paypal just sits back and make it the sellers problem. This leads to exploitation of the seller as now the buyer has the goods and has been so kindly refunded by Paypal. Seems to me Paypal is assisting in this fraudulent action????

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@whitmo

If a buyers files a dispute for item received but not as described then they don't always win but you are right Paypal does tend to favour the buyer BUT the buyer is told to return the item back to the seller trackable and at their own expense before you have to refund.

With non receipt you would win if you prove delivery of the item to the buyer with a tracking number.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

whitmo
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately Paypal does not leave you with the option to refund. They  refund the buyer using your funds. Thereafter the buyer has no obligation or interest in returning your item when it is received. I supply tracking numbers to all my buyers and record them on Discogs and Paypal. yet the buyer is still refunded. There is No way that I, sitting in South Africa, can verify if the buyer in Belgium or the Netherlands has received the item. 

Login to Me Too

whitmo
Contributor
Contributor

I suppose it is also acceptable practice for Paypal to be making money out of the misery other people suffer because of the pandemic. It is justifiable " business practice" to charge a dispute fee because a seller has disputes, which has absolutely nothing to do with how the seller conducts his business, but is due to long delivery times brought on by the regulations surrounding mail in different countries because of the pandemic. This is the lowest form of business practice I have ever seen.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.