cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are sellers happy about not getting back paypal commission when refunding item

New Community Member

Are sellers happy about not getting back paypal commission when refunding item

Paypal do not reimburse the paypal commission when you refund a buyer

Is anyone not thinking that this is a scandal?

A guy buys you something on ebay,he pays he decides that he does not wants the object  anymore

and it cost you money

You can even annoyed people you don't like and have fun with that

Would like to know if a lot of people think that this is a scam,a rackett,a rip-off,a con...

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Are sellers happy about not getting back paypal commission when refunding item

@Zaramella 

Its paypal policy, if you are not happy with their policies then you can use another payment processor surely?

No one is ever happy about possibly paying more money but there is nothing you can do about it.

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.
Contributor

Re: Are sellers happy about not getting back paypal commission when refunding item

So ...you use paypal for years giving tons of commissions as a seller. Policy with paypal, buyer is always right but it was Ok to refund buyers because in the end it did not cost anything. Now when à lot of small businesses are captive they change their policy in a big way. Heard of a guy complaining losing 650$ because He had to refund à Chinese guy because he wanted à lowered invoice for custom purpose I refunded à guy easily recently because I was not aware of the policy change. Now I will refund minus paypal fees if à customer make a mistake...and try to use paypal as little as possible
Contributor

Totally unimpressed by this new policy. Just another way for PayPal to make more money - they are turning into every other financial institution that is only concerned with their own profits. Love the old 'if you don't like it go elsewhere' response - not that much of an option if selling on eBay..