Anyone pay PP fees on their refunds?

carvalho_marlen
Contributor
Contributor

I was issued a refund of $153 from Seller for an item I paid $180. I returned the items just before the 180 day limit due lockdown. Seller told me the refund had to be issued manually which is fine, only I wasnt given the full refund from which he claims to have deducted the Paypal fee. I appear to have paid this 3x. The first was when I paid e invoice. the second time was when he issued a refund. The third was when the money was transferred abd Paypal took their 'cut'. I didnt know that Paypal charged a fee on refunded payments. Paypal was a great service but the fees and charges are now over the top. That aside, the seller I dealt with appears to have taken advantage of lockdown to profit financially from the situation as he hasnt given me a straight answer to where the $30 went. His answer: Because merchandise was returned after The 180 day limit and PapPal fees. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@carvalho_marlen 

Buyers don't pay for refunds, if you were charged when you received the refund and the refund did not automatically go free of charge back to your funding source ie bank account or card then the seller did NOT send a refund. They must have sent a goods/services PAYMENT.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@carvalho_marlen 

Buyers don't pay for refunds, if you were charged when you received the refund and the refund did not automatically go free of charge back to your funding source ie bank account or card then the seller did NOT send a refund. They must have sent a goods/services PAYMENT.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.