cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have a business or customer who has received an email from <remove> about security?

Anyone have a business or customer who has received an email from <remove> about security?

I have a client who received numerous warnings about SSL/TLS versions with regards to their paypal account. NO information was specifically given about it - they were just sent a rather panic inducing email that their service would be interrupted if they did not act. That their site was not compliant and that action was needed. All the info on this centered around and pointed back to this site. https://www.paypal-notice.com/en/

Ive determined this is a paypal site but what exactly needs to be done for a customer who merely has a business account i dont know. but it sent them in a panic and they called me - i cant make heads or tails of what they're supposed to do...

Anyone know how to test a site for security versions?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES
Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Re: Anyone have a business or customer who has received an email from <remove> about securi

It's may be a spoof email and website setup, you may want to share this info with your client :

* Forward the entire email to:    spoof@paypal.com.
* Do not alter the subject line or forward the message as an attachment.
* Delete the suspicious email from your inbox.
* Never click on any links within the email or open any attachments.

Look at the email address domain and wording in the email, grammar, salutation, spelling, etc.  If any of these are questionable, it's most likely a spoof.

Tags (1)

Re: Anyone have a business or customer who has received an email from <remove> about securi

It seems to be legit and not a spoof... It links to this paypal site https://www.paypal-notice.com/en/ and all roads - phone, emails - all of it leads back to paypal but i cant seem to apply the information to my client and how they use paypal. Nor can i figure out why they would have tried to reach them 10 times regarding this... So were gonna ignore it until it blows up in our face. Hah! :-) Thanks tho...