Anyone else seen this scam?

Romza
Contributor
Contributor
So this happened to me... has anyone else run into this? Met someone saying they want to spoil me and be my sugar momma. I usually don't believe them and ask a bunch of questions to see just how fishy they are when ever someone says that and then ignore them after waisting their time. But this person passed it all, didn't see anything fishy. So I agreed, they then said they were gonna send me some money as a monthly allowance. After talking a little more she told me she sent it but, there's a catch, it's delayed. She then tells me to buy a steam wallet card and send her a pic so that paypal will send me the money right away. Which I know isn't true. To prove it to me she sends me a bunch of pictures of others sending her a pic of a gift card and them getting excited that they got the money. The only other picture she sent me was of it being delayed. This is a scam to get gift cards. If those pictures are real then idk what say. (Edited)
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Romza 

Sorry but your joking right? No one can be that stupid surely?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Romza
Contributor
Contributor
Yes @kernowlass, I have a alarms going off in my that this is a scam.. I know it is.... in my head... but I'm also doubting it with all the pictures so I just kinda wanted... umm what's the word.... reassurance? That i'm not wrong about. Also the fact that they have pictures of others proves that people are still falling for it. Maybe i should have said if differently, instead of asking if it was, maybe I should have just asked if people are really believing it... I can still edit it right?
Login to Me Too

Romza
Contributor
Contributor
Edited... does it sound better now?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.