Anyone else????? 25 years old and my account is limited as I was ‘underage’ When I set it up.

Mummy93x
Contributor
Contributor

So yeah, as the title says. I stupidly decided to send in my driving license to PayPal so I could change my maiden name to my married name and really wish I hadnt. My email address is supposedly banned from life from using PayPal. Luckily my account balance was £0. But still a real pain. Yes I KNOW I shouldn’t have set an account up under 18 but I’m sure I wasn’t even asked my age years ago. PLUS what use is blocking me now? I’m 25 and married with 2 kids now. I’ve been told I can have a new account using a different email address but truthfully I’m put off PayPal for life if I can’t get my account back.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@Mummy93x

I understand its an old account, and that you want to keep it, but its just not possible. Its PayPal policy to permanently limit accounts (legal financial accounts) that were created when a user wasn't the required age (even after that user is the required age).

This policy applies to everyone that is in the same situation as yourself. One thing that doesn't apply to everyone else—the opportunity to be allowed to open a new account. PayPal is giving you a chance to open a new account because you managed your old account the way you were supposed to.

If you decide to open a new account, and you have difficulty linking financial accounts that are presently linked to the limited account, you will need to contact PayPal, and ask for the accounts to be unlinked, so they are able to be relinked to your new account.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@Mummy93x

I understand its an old account, and that you want to keep it, but its just not possible. Its PayPal policy to permanently limit accounts (legal financial accounts) that were created when a user wasn't the required age (even after that user is the required age).

This policy applies to everyone that is in the same situation as yourself. One thing that doesn't apply to everyone else—the opportunity to be allowed to open a new account. PayPal is giving you a chance to open a new account because you managed your old account the way you were supposed to.

If you decide to open a new account, and you have difficulty linking financial accounts that are presently linked to the limited account, you will need to contact PayPal, and ask for the accounts to be unlinked, so they are able to be relinked to your new account.

Login to Me Too

Mummy93x
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your reply. I think I’m just a bit gutted by it. Seems a daft thing really. Oh well, I think I’ll stick to other payment methods for now. Thanks again for your help.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.